In 1791, when Alnmouth was a thriving seaport, Hindmarsh Hall was one of several granaries in Alnmouth. It was later used as a corn exchange. In 1806 the river Aln changed course, separating the old church from the village. For over 50 years the population had to travel to either Lesbury or Warkworth to worship. In 1859 the Hall was converted into a church and remianed in use until 1876, when the new church of St John the Baptist was built.
In 1937 the Hindmarsh family purchased the building from the Duke of Northumberland and gave it to the people of Alnmouth to use as the Village Hall.
In recent years, thanks to grants from several organisations and lots of hard work by the villagers and supporters.the Hall has been refurbished both externally and internally,
The Hindmarsh Hall is owned and managed by a village trust independently of the Parish Council. Within the building are a large hall with a stage, a smaller room and a fully equipped kitchen. These are available for hire.
For further details or to hire the Hall, please contact the Bookings Secretary, Sally Wilson. Tel: 01665 830742 | Email: email@example.com