ALNMOUTH PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

TUESDAY 10th January 2017 at 7:30PM in the HINDMARSH HALL

 

PRESENT: Bill Bourne (Chair) (BB), Nick Mattlock (Vice Chair) (NM), Sarah Murphy (SM), David Denton (DD),

Neil Gale (NG), Mac McHugh (MM), George Ternent (GT), Harvey Roberts (HR), Susanne Gair (SG).

 

Also in attendance: Hazel Eccleston (Clerk). Two members of the public also present.

 

 

1/17 Apologies for Absence

·   No apologies.

 

2/16 Minutes of the Previous Meeting

·   GT proposed the minutes be accepted without amendment, HR seconded this, agreed by all.

 

3/17 Declaration of Interest

·   No declarations.

 

4/17 Matters Arising Out of Minutes

a)   Dr Joy’s Garden

BB reported that he was still in the process of sourcing a stonemason to create a plinth and obtaining a plan a design with the assistance of Shian Hartshorn.

 

b)   Prospect Place – Repair of Road

BB reported that researching potential grant aid was in the hands of Hilary Burns, a resident of Prospect Place, and that Gordon Castle had offered contribute some of his personal fund allocation to the project.

 

c)    Parish Council Website

The clerk reported that she was still awaiting a quote from ParishCouncil.net. NM suggested asking the current providers, 1&1, how our costs could be reduced.

 

d)    Alnmouth Public Lavatories

BB reported that he had not yet received a response from Northumberland Estates.

 

147/16 Traffic and Parking

·     There was a discussion regarding the issues resulting from the one-way system, double yellow lines and disabled parking bays put in place, in particular outside The Red Lion and Post Office. MM reported that Daniel Fraser had been receptive to comments he had made. HR agreed but felt that NCC believed that ‘congestion’ was the only issue at stake in the village.

·     The Clerk reported comments forwarded to her from a concerned resident on Marine Road. NM reported comments of a contractor who felt it would be easier to work elsewhere as parking was now so difficult.

·      It was noted that email was not suitable for all residents as a means of passing on comments.

·      BB suggested setting up a small working group, comprising of John Taylor, John Miller and ?? from the village and Harvey Roberts and Sarah Murphy from the Parish Council. The brief of this group is to formulate a co-ordinated response of village comments and experiences of the ‘Experimental Orders’ in place.

·     The Clerk reported that Mike Bird had responded to her questions for the January Area North Committee meeting and a written response would be forthcoming. The Clerk has asked for this item to be placed on the agenda for the March Area North meeting, which will be held at the Hindmarsh Hall.

·     SM suggested asking NCC to delay work on the traffic island at the top of Northumberland Street as she feared that this was a structure which would be difficult to remove, should it be necessary.

·     BB noted that ten parking spaces would be created on Shepherds Hill but feared that this and the proposed double yellow lines would cause problems.

Action: NM to set up a comments book in the Post Office and residents should also be encouraged to write to the Clerk. HR and SM to meet with John Taylor, John Miller and ?? and formulate a response by March 2017, the six-month deadline. BB to give consultation map to SM.

 

6/17 Small Boathouse use

·     NM reported that he had met with Adam Bell and informed him of the Parish Council’s intention to use the small boathouse as a storage facility for the various sub-committees who require it. Adam had enquired about the possibility of sharing but this was not felt to be possible.

·     BB noted that as ABCRA were using practically all of the large boathouse, a conversation was necessary about rent and rates.

       Action: The Clerk to contact Greg Galecki regarding the notice to quit the small boathouse.

      NM to inform Adam Bell that sharing would not be possible,

 

7/17 Peases Park Repairs and Lease

·     EW reported that the s.106 claim was now complete and could be sent to NCC for consideration and processing. EW noted that the process had not been without difficulties due to the confused nature of Playdale’s invoices.

·     BB thanked everyone involved in the claim for their hard work.

Action: The Clerk to send the final claim form and covering letter to Maureen Dixon at NCC.

 

8/17 Senior Citizens’ Christmas Lunch

·     The Clerk reported that a couple of extra helpers would be welcome and noted that everything was well organised.

·     MM asked if any funds raised would be going to the Hindmarsh Hall fund?

Action: BB to ask Caroline Martin about the donation of any funds raised.

 

9/17 Beach Shelter Repairs

·      BB reported that according to the Burgage Holders, the Beach Shelter belongs to the Parish Council who are, therefore, responsible for its repairs.

·     BB has examined the seats inside and felt that the damaged metal seats should be removed and replaced with wooden seats. DD noted that the wood needed to be very thick as problems with attempts to burn the seats in the past had necessitated the installation of metal seats.

·     GT suggested approaching the Burgage Holders for a contribution to the costs.

Action: BB to make enquiries with Hotspur Forestry. Clerk to approach the Burgage Holders for a donation to the costs of repair.

 

10/17 Council Matters

·         None.

 

11/17 Reports from Sub-Committees

a)    Arts Festival

·      BB reported that the Church green would not be used this year.

Action: The Clerk will place the order for the portaloos and NEED shuttle bus. The Clerk will also source a cleaner for the toilet facilities.

 

b)    Christmas Lights Committee

·     The Clerk reported that the lights had now been taken down and the Committee were awaiting a decision on storage.

·         Plans will commence soon for the fundraising Quiz Night.

 

c)    Village Maintenance

·         NM reported that he had received a quote from Youlls for the fencing and would circulate it for consideration.

·         BB has received a quote for a replacement Planter on The Wynd and Robin Winder will move the plants from the Planter damaged by BT.

Action: NM to circulate Youlls quotation. BB to complete claim form for cost of damaged Planter.

 

d)    Hindmarsh Hall Fund

·         DD had no report from the architect but hoped to have some results in January. BB thanked NM for his fundraising from the New Year Swim, so far £193.43 has been banked. BB reported that plans for Food Festival were in hand which would raise money for the Hindmarsh Hall Fund.

 

e)    Planning

There were no planning applications for review.

 

12/17 Finance

a)   The following invoices/expenses were presented. NM proposed that the invoices presented be paid, SM seconded this, agreed by all

·         Aurora DP (Newsletter) - £105

·         1&1 (Website) - £23.99

·         Clerk’s Wage & Admin – £271.53 (27hrs + admin)

 

Date

 

£       IN

£    OUT

1/12/16

Boathouse Rent

85

 

1/12/16

Paper (box of 4 reams)

 

13.80

13/12/16

Clerk’s Wage & Admin/Stationery

 

271.53

13/12/16

Burgage Holders – Village Maintenance

 

1067.50

13/12/16

Newsletter

 

105.00

13/12/16

Website

 

23.99

TOTAL = £3,415.69  Current Account                                   £3,965.40   Instant Reserve

 

b)    Insurance Cover for New Play Equipment

  • The Clerk reported that Zurich insurance had offered a quote of an annual increase of £38 + IPT to insure the new cradle swing and surfacing; Zurich are prepared to waive the increase until June 2017, when the policy is renewed. NM proposed that this quote be accepted, MM seconded, all in favour.

Action: Clerk to inform Zurich Insurance that these items were to be added to the Parish Council’s policy.

 

13/17 Council Communications

·         The Clerk – January 2017

·         Clerks and Councils Direct – January 2017

·         Royal Garden Party – request for suggested attendees.

 

14/17 Public Contribution

·     John Miller asked if some preparation was necessary for the March - Area North meeting? BB felt that this would be a good idea but noted that we needed to let the Experimental Orders run to give them a chance.

·     John Miller noted that he was pleased that the Parish Council were willing to work with the small action group of engineers he was representing tonight.

 

15/17 Any Other Matters for Discussion

·     GT reported that the lawn mower was now five years old and should be replaced. GT noted that the current lawn mower could be traded in to reduce the costs. GT estimated that the final cost to the Parish Council would be approximately £6,000 but contributions could be sought from other sources.

Action: Item to go on February agenda.

 

16/17 Date and Time of next Meeting

·         14th February 2017, 7:30pm, The Hindmarsh Hall.

 

Print Print | Sitemap
© www.alnmouthparishcouncil.org.uk