ALNMOUTH PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

TUESDAY 12th July 2016 at 7:30PM in the HINDMARSH HALL

 

Present: Bill Bourne (BB) (Chair), Ed Williams (EW), George Ternent (GT), Jill Fernback (JF), David Denton (DD), Mack McHugh (MM), Sarah Murphy (SM), Neil Gale (NG).

 

In Attendance: Hazel Eccleston (Clerk) and County Councillor Heather Cairns (HC).

 

78/16 Apologies for Absence

  • Apologies were received from Nick Mattlock and County Councillor Gordon Castle.

 

79/16 Minutes of the Previous Meeting

  • The minutes of 14th June were agreed.

 

80/16 Declarations of Interest

  • None.

 

81/16    Matters Arising out of the Minutes

  1. Dr Joy’s Garden

          BB reported no progress as we are awaiting a report from a contractor.

 

  1. Parish Bus Shelter

          No response from Parochial Council yet.

 

  1. Painting of the beacon Pole

Action: DD to examine the rust and report back to the September meeting.

 

  1. Traffic Management Presentation
  • The Clerk reported a request from Highways regarding further information on the one-way system which had been in place in the village in previous years.
  • The Clerk presented a reprt rom John Taylor on the proposals displayed by NCC at the consultation meeting.

Action: HC agreed to ask Highways exactly what information they required as all information regarding these matters should be in NCC records. Clerk to circulate report from John Taylor to all Parish Councillors.

 

82/16 Small Boathouse Use

  • Adam Bell presented a business case and financial forecast for the next 12 months. The Parish Council highlighted issues such as security, insurance costs to be addressed and included in his financial forecast, for presentation at the next meeting. NG suggested that the Parish Council could share the use of the Boathouse with Adam and thus address storage issues.

Action: Item to go on September agenda. Adam Bell to address gaps in the business plan by the September meeting.

 

83/16 Peases Park Upgrade

  • BB reported that Playdale propose to start work on 1st August and the entrance to the park needs to be secured to ensure they have access.
  • BB has worked through the RoSPA inspection and made a list of all the work that needs to be done.
  • Action: NG to contact Playdale and see what additional items they can do whilst carrying out the installation and repairs they are already contracted to do.

 

84/16 Purchase of Laptop Computer for the Clerk

  • A number of options were presented and the Parish Council voted to purchase a refurbished laptop package from ‘Laptops Direct’ at a cost of £262.38

Action: Clerk to organise purchase.

 

85/16 Council Matters

  • HC reported that NCC were looking into ways to turn capital into revenue.
  • HC asked what the Parish Council’s priorities were for the Local Transport Plan (LTP). GT noted that the speed limit indicated on the current plan was incorrect.
  • DD noted that the X18 route caused confusion amongst members of the public wishing to travel to Alnmouth from the railway station due to poor signage and the lack of identifiable bus stops on Lesbury Road.

Action: LTP to be discussed at September meeting.

 

86/16 Reports from Sub-Committees

  1. Arts Festival
  • BB proposed that the Arts Festival Committee be formally congratulated on a very successful and well run Festival. BB reported that some committee members had decided to step down and new members were being sought. JF indicated she was willing to join the committee as the APC representative.
  • The Clerk circulated a report from Deirdre Kelly and BB noted that it contained some very good suggestions.

Action: Clerk to write to the former AAF Chairman, Brendan Arrowsmith, to thank him and his team for their work in putting on such a successful festival.

 

  1. Christmas Lights Committee
  • The Clerk reported that a Test Day was planned and build nights would commence in August.
  • MM reported that local businesses would be asked for a contribution towards the cost of producing and maintaining the lights displays.

 

  1. Village Maintenance
  • BB reported that the new planters were in place and asked for thanks to be recorded to Shian Hartshorn for her hard work. BB asked for suggestions for the location of the last remaining planter.
  • The Clerk reported that the ‘Stubbs’ memorial bench had been painted and the plaque replaced to the satisfaction of Mrs Stubbs and her family.
  • BB asked HC why the grass near Dr. Joys Garden had not been cut.
  • BB noted he had two dog waste bins ready for installation:
  • 1 bin to go at the end of Lovers Walk
  • 1 bin to go by the Duchess Bridge – BB to strim the area down.
  • MM asked about the work on the Information Boards. BB reported the text was ready to go to the artist.
  • NG noted there was graffiti on the park BBQ
  • DD noted the palisade fencing near the Duchess Bridge required painting, as did the rail alongside prospect Place/Marine Road.

Action: Clerk to contact Bob Hodgson regarding grass cutting near Dr Joys Garden.

 

  1. Hindmarsh Hall Fund
  • DD reported that the AGM would be held soon and all members of the public were welcome. DD reported a meeting would be held soon with Giles Arthur, the architect. BB noted that he had a letter of appointment for Mr Arthur.
  1. Planning

·      NG asked if there was any news of the Link End development. HC reported that the developers had been awarded the certificate they had requested and the matter was now in the hands of such parties as Northumberland estates. BB noted the certificate was time-limited to the summer months.

 

Permission Granted     

Proposal: Proposed two storey extension to provide two bedrooms, office & store.

Location: Red Lion, 22 Northumberland Street.

Applicant: Mrs Jane McHugh

 

Proposal: Proposed garden bar

Location: Land West of the Red Lion, 22 Northumberland Street.

Applicant: Mrs Jane McHugh.

 

Proposal: TPO/AB/009658

Location: Schofield Place, Alnmouth

 

46/16 Finance

  1. Statutory increase in the wage of the Clerk. The Government and NALC had agreed a wage increase, backdated to April 2016, which included a rise on spine point 18 (the level at which the Clerk is paid) to £9.392. This was agreed by all as it is a statutory increase.
  2. The following invoices/expenses were presented. Proposed to be accepted by MM, seconded by JF, approved by all.
  • Clerk’s wage & Stationery = £238.80 (INC £18 Admin) + AAF Contribution = £266.40
  • Hindmarsh Hall – Meetings = £54
  • Stamps = £7.68
  • Parish Website = £23.99
  • Newsletter – £185

 

The Clerk provided a list of transactions by the Parish Council for June 2016.

Date

 

£

IN

£

OUT

1/06/16

Boathouse Rates

85

 

14/06/16

NALC Subscription

 

146.64

14/06/16

Aurora DP - Newsletter

 

105

14/06/16

Clerk’s Wage/Admin

 

238.80

14/06/16

Website

 

23.99

14/06/16

Petrol for Mower

 

22.34

17/06/16

VAT Reclaim

462.25

 

22/06/16

Playdale deposit – Repairs and new equipment – to be reclaimed from s.106

 

2,483.29

22/06/16

Boathouse painting

 

750

29/06/16

RoSPA Inspection

 

96.60

TOTAL = £5,421.53      Current Account                            £3,704.17 Instant Reserve

 

88/16 Council Communications

·         Letter from Mr William Gilroy

Action: Clerk to confirm receipt of the letter and the points raised.

·         CAB Letter – DAWN are merging with CAB Northumbria

·         Letter from Alison Arrowsmith to the National Trust regarding the damage and necessary repairs to the wall surrounding the base of Church Hill

Action: Clerk to thank Alison Arrowsmith for her help in progressing this issue as the Parish Council had previously been informed that the National Trust were looking into the matter. HC agreed to look into any assistance which NCC could offer.

·         Letter of resignation from Parish Councillor Donald Blythe

All members spoke warmly of Donald Blythe’s work for the Parish Council and for the Arts Festival, noting in particular his local knowledge and positive attitude to helping the village.  His contribution would be greatly missed and it was unanimously resolved to ask the Clerk to write to him thanking him for all he had done.

Action: Clerk to write to Donald Blythe.

·         The Clerk magazine – July 2016.

·         Clerk’s and Councils Direct

·         LCR Magazine Summer 2016.

 

 

89/16 Public Contribution

  • None.

 

90/16 Any Other Matters for Discussion

  • None.

 

91/16 Date and Time of Next Meeting

The date of the next meeting was set for, Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 7.30pm in the Hindmarsh Hall.

 

Print Print | Sitemap
© www.alnmouthparishcouncil.org.uk