ALNMOUTH PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF MEETING

 

TUESDAY 14th March 2017 at 7:30PM in the HINDMARSH HALL

 

PRESENT: Bill Bourne (Chair) (BB), Sarah Murphy (SM), David Denton (DD), Mac McHugh (MM), Susanne Gair (SG), Harvey Roberts (HR), George Ternent (GT), Ed Williams (EW), Nick Mattlock (NM).

 

 

Also in attendance: Gordon Castle (GC).

 

 

 

32/17 Apologies for Absence

·         Apologies were received from: Neil Gale.

 

33/16 Minutes of the Previous Meeting

  • EW requested amendment to 21/17 to make clear that John Taylor and Catherine Whyte had spoken as members of the public. Otherwise minutes were approved.

 

34/17 Declaration of Interest

·         No declarations.

 

35/17 Matters Arising Out of Minutes

a)    Dr Joy’s Garden

No report.

 

b)    Alnmouth Public Lavatories

GC agreed to track down the ‘Head of Toilets’ at County Hall. GT reported on a dissatisfied customer.

 

c)     Peases Park

Remainder of 106 money to go on plants and privet hedge. New application will be required.

 

d)    Small Boathouse

Small boathouse – keys handed in but roof needs repair. DD has looked and reported back to APC. In process of getting estimates and will making running repairs temporarily whilst waiting.

 

e)    Beach Shelter Repairs

GT has asked for itemised costs in estimate.

 

f)      Local Council Elections

Nomination forms available for all who are standing for re-election. Deadline for completion 4th April. EW asked who will pay if an election is necessary (more than 10 candidates). BB said expense will be minimum in this case.

                               

36/17 Traffic Management and One-Way System

  • The Traffic Management System was discussed at the Area North Committee meeting (13/3/17). Generous time was allowed in that forum.
  • HR reported back on the meeting. Both HR and SM felt that the forms provided useful information even if they can’t be used as individual objections/support. GC clarified way in which material can be used. BB suggested ways in which APC might involve the village in responding. EW expressed concerns about way in which the data has been collected on pro-forma and is against using it as basis of APC’s response. MM pointed out that the responses were not only negative, despite the format of the response form. BB felt that all of the village had been given an opportunity to give a response of whatever nature. HR said that there had been lots of support on the forms. EW felt responses were unbalanced as many people had made a personal response to NCC without letting APC know their opinions.
  • GC felt that the committee meeting had been helpful and constructive. Traffic is going to be monitored during the Easter period – cameras, speed measuring devices and traffic wardens will all be used to assess the situation. SM is keen for APC to be consulted about best siting of these things.
  • There has been a recommendation from Margaret Robinson (NCC) that Argyle Street’s residents’ parking scheme be included in the experimental order. There was much discussion on this topic.
  • John Miller (member of public) asked for clarification of status of the working group from APC’s point of view. BB insisted that pro-formas must come through APC before going to NCC.  A discussion followed of the information received re: initial consultation and how it is to be used. GC suggested another public meeting at end of experimental period. John Miller suggested that APC might have meeting with Margaret Robinson after Easter period to discuss the situation. Ian Sutherland commented that he was going to express his views directly to NCC.

Action: SM and HR to report back to April meeting.

 

37/17 Coastal Path Meeting

  • GT reported that there was going to be a meeting at Alnmouth Village Golf Club on 28/3 at 1:00pm.

Action: GT to report back to April meeting.

 

38/17 Council Matters

  • GC had no further report other than the items already discussed.

 

 

39/27 Reports from Sub-Committees

a)    Arts Festival

MM reported that everything was progressing well.

 

b)    Christmas Lights

MM asked if Christmas lights can now go into small boathouse. BB said they could subject to racks being erected using spare scaffolding poles.

 

c)     Village Maintenance

BB reported that the damaged planter has now been replaced so claim to BT can proceed. Broken bench at same site might be repairable – DD to investigate.

 

New information cards now under way for the Information Boards.

 

DD suggested asking for volunteers to tidy up DR Joy’s garden.

 

d)    Hindmarsh Hall Fundraising Committee

Final quotations for all work required at Hindmarsh Hall should be available by 24/4.

 

Banners erected around village and elsewhere for forthcoming Food Festival. Aim is to stimulate localisation in food and accentuate where already doing this. Hindmarsh Hall already filled with stalls.

 

e)    Planning

SM reported on the following planning applications:

 

1.     Number: 17/00651/VARYCO

       Applicant: ALN Developments Ltd

       Location: Land East of 10 Alnwood, Alnmouth, Northumberland.

       Proposal: Variation of Condition 2 (approved plans) pursuant to planning appeal reference

                       number APP/P2935//W/15/3067545 in order to allow minor amendments to ridge

                       height/pitch and alterations to fenestration.

    Parish Council decision: Neutral

 

2. Number: 17/00166/PRUTPO

    Applicant: Mr John Myers

    Location: 18, Alnwood, Alnmouth

    Proposal: Tree preservation order application – 1 x cherry tree to be crown reduced by 35%.

                     Seedlings to be removed.

    County Council Decision: Tree works permitted.

 

3.     Number: 16/04149/FUL

    Applicant: Mr Edward Goodwin

    Location: Rock House and Rock House Lodge, Foxton Road, Alnmouth.

    Proposal: Proposal to demolish existing link including garages and construction of new side

                    extension to Rock House and construction of new replacement 2.5 storey house;  

                    Construction of new detached double garage with mezzanine Gym; Associated external

                    works and landscaping.

                 County Council Decision: Granted.

 

4.     Number: 16/04243/FUL

    Applicant: Mr and Mrs David Archbald

    Location: Highfield, 1 Foxton Drive, Alnmouth.

    Proposal: Proposed front entrance extension and total first floor extension with new roof terrace

                    over garage; pitched roof over sunroom; balcony and roof terrace to rear (as amended).

                 County Council Decision: Granted

 

40/17 Finance

The following invoices/expenses were presented and approved by all.

·         Aurora DP (Newsletter) - £105

·         1&1 (Website) - £23.99

·         Clerk’s Wage & Admin – £271.53 (27hrs + admin)

 

Date

 

£       IN

£    OUT

1/02/17

Boathouse Rent

85

 

14/02/17

s.106 Reclaim

6,275.92

 

14/02/17

Clerk’s Wage & Admin/Stationery

 

271.53

14/02/17

Newsletter

 

105.00

14/02/17

Website & Postage

 

26.05

14/02/17

Planter replacement

 

108

TOTAL = £8,950.51  Current Account         £3,704.17   Instant Reserve

 

a)    To discuss funding for a shorthand training course for the Clerk.

The Parish Council approved payment of half the cost of a shorthand course for the Clerk, the Burgage Holders to pay the remaining half.

 

41/17 Council Communications

  • Election Information
  • Northumberland Active Festival publicity
  • Glasdon Brochure.

 

42/17 Public Contribution

  • This was covered by Item 36/17

 

43/17 Any Other Matters for Discussion

  • None.

 

44/17 Date and Time of next Meeting

·         11th April 2017, 7:30pm, The Hindmarsh Hall.

Print Print | Sitemap
© www.alnmouthparishcouncil.org.uk